The main ingredient of confidence is a dazzling smile. Only a good dentition can produce this. The restoration of beautiful teeth & gum line through various dental procedures is Cosmetic dentistry. In Cosmetic Dentistry, dental appearance is given more importance.
Areas where Cosmetic Dentistry is sought for:-
- Discoloration of teeth: The intake of certain medicines, certain genetic factors can discolor your teeth.
- Partial breaking or full breaking of teeth/tooth:-can occur due to accidents or injuries. Only a chip of a tooth will remain.
- Disproportionate gum line: The gum line may not be even and it can be rectified only in connection with tooth correction.
Solutions for the above problems:-
- Bleaching: – Tooth whitening. This is a solution for the discoloration of your teeth. Many products are available in shops that are ready made bleachers and you can try at home. But it is advisable to undergo treatment under the supervision of a dentist.
- Dentures: – are false tooth. It can be partial or full denture. They are mostly removable.
- Dental bridges: – are porcelain tooth which are placed between two crowns to replace one or more missing tooth.
- Dental contouring:- It is the reshaping of a broken tooth.
- Enameloplasty: – The enamel may be removed from a chipped or crooked tooth & can be restored using bonding.
- Bonding: enamel like artificial material is applied onto the surface of the broken tooth and sculpted onto place. It will look exactly like your original tooth.
- Braces: Small metal parts placed on each tooth. This is for overbite rectification. Braces are of the temporary & permanent nature. In temporary, you can remove the braces before eating and fix it after eating. This is for a short periods. In permanent, the braces are fixed for a prolonged period. Incognito braces are braces that are placed on the inner side of the teeth. This is a form of advanced cosmetic braces, where your braces are not seen outside.
- Dental implants: – are artificial tooth roots which are placed instead of a broken tooth or a missing tooth. These are screw like roots implanted instead of original tooth roots. Then an artificial crown is placed anon the tooth area. Both are connected by an abutment.
- Gum lifting: This involves reshaping the gum line & the bone by removing the excess tissue. As a result a more symmetrical tooth is formed with a perfect gum line.
Thus whatever is your original dental condition if you have the right amount of money, you can have a perfect teeth and a perfect smile comes along with it.